Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any opinions with the local music scene in your country?

+18
moumines
mickrobit
violet_ingrid
ngibul123
warlock1291
Koda
pwnerx
masterjz
natchi
IkiFan
ayuki1386
van
DSQ
Dnee
bosjef
momo
Pizca
Monkey D. Choco
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? Empty Any opinions with the local music scene in your country?

Post by Monkey D. Choco Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 pm

Well, for me.. I'm not even 1/8 satisfied... that's why I listen to foreign music....

What I noticed in our music scene is:

-They're all about lyrics...
(everyone thinks that funny, intriguing, poetic and personal lyrics are great... but they tend to focus less on musical creativity)
-Half of what you hear on radio is revival of classic song.. (They're good, but that's because it's classic song they sang. WTF!)
-Well, just last year (I think) is the emergence of local alternative bands. (like the mid 90s in US alternative rock...)
-Songs are good but very predictable and cliched.. You can easily tell their influences...
-No catchy melodies/songs (almost...)

But that's enough...
I still do love few bands in our country, like Pinikpikan and Brownman Revival... to name a few..

I think they should listen to few Jpops and find out what they're missing...

Hey, if you have some artists you're proud of, post it so we can hear them out...
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? Empty Re: Any opinions with the local music scene in your country?

Post by Pizca Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 am

In general terms I hate Spanish music. Everything it's the same, of course there are exceptions, but a few.

Some Spanish music I dislike:
David Bisbal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRhGwRG0YK8
Alejandro Sanz - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfV5fcykEmQ
Camela - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgc8HjIZFIw
Pereza - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hBkkY32apE
Amaral - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ZLTm3rnsw
Antonio Orozco - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvQAHXTv9Jg

Some Spanish music I like:
Fito y Fitipaldis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahq_JgGr1cg
Jarabe de Palo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMtPwzxlfuc
Estopa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivtAEstVETY
M-Clan - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcKnkOk1ffs
Heres del Silencio - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrSYDvZQqHQ

I would love to hear what do you think about those singers (I've choosed the first link of the search results for each artist to be impartial), because maybe I'm biased.
Pizca
Pizca
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female
Number of posts : 522

http://5296.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? Empty Re: Any opinions with the local music scene in your country?

Post by Monkey D. Choco Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:43 pm

You know, last year I was actually addicted to few spanish musicians..
Paco de Lucia & Gipsy Kings (because they're quite famous and they were the first one appeared in flamenco and spanish guitars searches...)

I also listen few songs from Dark Moor and Warcry
(Spanish Metal at its best)

Well, I envy you, Spain has this very impressive musical style...

I kinda liked this two bands here.

•M-Clan is like Eagles with Brian May of Queen as the frontman...

•Heroes has the best beat compared to others...
The vocalist kinda reminds me of Mark Wahlberg in the Rockstar film...

Well, for my favorite local bands, they don't have any decent videos that I can show-off.. But I can give some info..

Pinikpikan - ethnic/world music with a modern attack. (my #1)
Brownman Revival - Reggae rendition of classic Filipino music (I don't listen to reggae music)
Wolfgang - Metal
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by momo Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:50 pm

Dear god, I dispise the music in this country. Especially what's popular. Luckily there's plenty of alternatives. But I've been sticking with Japanese music for a while now. Most of the time in Japan, what's popular is what's good. Almost every day I discover a new great Japanese band.
momo
momo
Amateur
Amateur

Male
Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by bosjef Sun May 11, 2008 1:31 am

Let's see..
I have to admit most famous songs in the Philippines are those done by famous celebrities. Though
some of them are fairly talented, most of them are just physically beautiful with no talent at singing nor
acting at all, period. What i don't get is that producers invest on these crap. And whats worse? People
buy them. It seemed like talentless people are greatly supported by tasteless masses. Makes sense
eh? Crazy!
Now, enough of my crap. Here are some of the local music that's worth looking into.
I'd like to call 'em PHPop. Razz
Oh and BTW, Filipino artists pronounce/speak/sing english well.

FRANCISM
In the early 90's while Limpbizkit and Linkin Park were still sucking their milk bottles FrancisM
is already kicking the genre they claim they started. Here are samples:
ERASERHEADS
Lets just say almost all of the local bands here right now look up to these guys and are aiming to
achieve what this band did before disbanding. This band fathered a lot of new bands then that are
now famous. Ely Buendia (vocalist and composer) makes good music and lyrics.
RIVERMAYA
another band that's good at making pop music and catchy lyrics. Their composer Rico Blanco is a
genius.
WOLFGANG
this band is the most successful if we talk about metal. Try 'em!
SLAPSHOCK
this one is a harder rap metal. Their live performences are outstanding.
URBANDUB
these guys from Cebu are good. Ive seen them perform live and they practically can eat other local
bands alive. Hehe
KITCHIE NADAL
Simple, pretty and good performer. I love seeing her play the guitar no matter how simple the
riffs are. I like her tattoo on her ring finger too. Really sexy. :p
IMAGO
Beautiful vocalist with a very nice, sexy, pop voice. hehehe
TRUE FAITH
I consider their music timeless. These are nice, feel-good music.
POT
If you want to hear some funky music try this.
Indio I
A reggae band that has attracted my attention for sometime

If you guys like the samples, just let me know. I have the albums and may be able to upload if ever...

Yoshe!!

EDIT:
Sorry guys! I had to remove the urls.
I'll try to upload them on some streaming servers instead like youtube..
but I'm quite busy right now preparing for my licensure exam so I'll just edit this post again whenever possible. Wink

Last edited by bosjef on Mon May 12, 2008 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bosjef
bosjef
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizca Sun May 11, 2008 4:31 am

^I'm going to download some of those later bosjef and I will tell you my impressions ^^
Pizca
Pizca
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnee Sun May 11, 2008 9:17 am

@ Bosjef Please Move Your Link To Download section.... Please refer to the Rules Thanks
Dnee
Dnee
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 941

https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bosjef Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 pm

My apologies Admin.
Post edited.
I'm aware of the rules but I guess I just insisted.
Thanks for reminding anyway.. Wink
bosjef
bosjef
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Choco Tue May 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey Bosjef-san
I love Imago (except the Tokyo Tokyo ad)
Urbandub has an above average song writing skills but I don't listen to Emo.

But where's Pinikpikan?
LoL! I know they're not for everyone
-but I'm very proud of these guys!

Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 388256
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bosjef Tue May 13, 2008 10:32 pm

^^ I have not been watching TV for quite a while so I'm not familiar with the ad. gomen..
^^ Haha.. I don't listen to Emo either, and I dont consider Urbandub as emo. Vocals may sound pretty emo-like but other than that there is nothing emo in their music neither in their lyrics.

Honestly, your post about pinikpikan lead me to downloading one of their albums. Very Happy
Unfortunately, I can't say I like their songs maybe because it's ethnicity was never my kind of music. but I'm still trying to make ways to make their music grow on me. So I'll have another look into it. Wink
bosjef
bosjef
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Choco Wed May 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Hehe! Obra Encantada was the best album 4 me...
Hope you didn't downloaded the first album...

I checked the vid of imago on the net when I heard their song on the radio...
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DSQ Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Surprizingly I like my local music.
Frist there is American Boy by Estelle (uk) ft kanye west(US) great song.
Other artsts/bands Gorrilaz, Coldplay, Radiohead, Dizzee Rascal, Lily Allen and kate nash.
Just from scotland? Franz Ferdinad..... they're good too.....
DSQ
DSQ
Street Performer
Street Performer

Female
Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by van Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:40 pm

my local music??

for me >> sucks.. haaha

all the music from my country are slow rock song with so so so so so lame lyrics..

talking about how they break up with their girlfriend / boyfriend..

or something else but still in the topics (love)..

all of the songs have lame lyrics like "you killing me with your attitude" for Indonesian, you maybe known D'Masiv - Cinta ini membunuhku hahahahaha

it's really2 boring because all of the songs have same purpose.. and also have same style..

that's why i don't have so many Indonesian songs in my PC..

but there is 1 band and 1 singer from my country that i admit..

the band is Ecoutez because they have such a great songs, slow song..

and the singer are Gita Gutawa!!!! hahahahhaahah it's because her voice are great.. hahaha
van
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizca Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:40 pm

DSQ wrote:Surprizingly I like my local music.
Frist there is American Boy by Estelle (uk) ft kanye west(US) great song.
Other artsts/bands Gorrilaz, Coldplay, Radiohead, Dizzee Rascal, Lily Allen and kate nash.
Just from scotland? Franz Ferdinad..... they're good too.....

Thought those artists are not my favorites, you live in a great place for music Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 844393

(my favorite uk group ever is Take That Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 88255 )
Pizca
Pizca
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by DSQ Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Pizca wrote:

Thought those artists are not my favorites, you live in a great place for music Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 844393

(my favorite uk group ever is Take That Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 88255 )
Thank you!!
DSQ
DSQ
Street Performer
Street Performer

Female
Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by ayuki1386 Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:02 pm

van wrote:my local music??

for me >> sucks.. haaha

all the music from my country are slow rock song with so so so so so lame lyrics..

talking about how they break up with their girlfriend / boyfriend..

or something else but still in the topics (love)..

all of the songs have lame lyrics like "you killing me with your attitude" for Indonesian, you maybe known D'Masiv - Cinta ini membunuhku hahahahaha

it's really2 boring because all of the songs have same purpose.. and also have same style..

that's why i don't have so many Indonesian songs in my PC..

but there is 1 band and 1 singer from my country that i admit..

the band is Ecoutez because they have such a great songs, slow song..

and the singer are Gita Gutawa!!!! hahahahhaahah it's because her voice are great.. hahaha

Hahaha..same here.. I really hate the song from Ungu (means Purple) about cheating. I don't know which one is the title "Mencintaimu" (means Loving you) or "Kekasih gelapku" (means umm...seccond boy/girlfriend??? I'm not sure).

I like D'cinammons and Project Pop (It's funny). And some other, I just like few of their song but not liking them. In my country the hottest topic for lyric is about cheating...I hate it..And some I can't really differ a band with another because I think they don't have any unique point..
ayuki1386
ayuki1386
Street Performer
Street Performer

Female
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by IkiFan Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 pm

I really Hate music in my contry :S

In Mexico the most important Pop group is "RBD" something like a AAA in Japan...are a 6 members:3 Girl and 2 boy and 1 boy gay n_nu

But are soooooo comercial @.@ a lot!!!!...beacuse in TV in Mexico RBD has a Dorama (Telenovela)...with 500 or more episodes!!!! @.@

And they music are so... XP...is not good n_nu

They would disband in 2009...Thank good!!! T-T

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RBD#Biography

The groups i like in my language (Spanish) are 2:

Belanova

Are so...°¬°...are electronic music but so...Wa i love this group 9_9

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belanova

La Oreja de Van Gogh

Are My Ikimono Gakari in Spanish...they music are so cute like a Ikimono...Ikimono is best!!!! XD....but i really love the Oreja song a lot!!! =D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Oreja_de_Van_Gogh

Sorry my english!!!! T-T

Lucky!!!! =D
IkiFan
IkiFan
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 99

http://www.fotolog.com/luffyjuly1

Back to top Go down

Post by natchi Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:45 am

IkiFan wrote:

They would disband in 2009...Thank good!!! T-T

LOL,
that's the 1st time im hearing someone sayin "thank god" over the news of a group disbanding...
natchi
natchi
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female
Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:50 pm

i love local music in my country...i mean i grew up with them...its just so happened that i switch genres from time to time and now im into jmusic.

but to name a few that i admired most:

FRANCISM - my eternal idol, a music icon and a legend
ERASERHEADS - a legendary band
PAROKYA NI EDGAR - known as the "National Band of the Phils."
Gloc9 - fastest rapper and a good lyricist

overall, i really loved Local Music in the Philippines (except for those crappy songs that are coming out now a days).

Support LOCAL MUSIC! Stop PIRACY! Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 196534
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Choco Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Well. I think Philippines have slow music evolution.

Cos majority have very low "good music apreciation".

and I just remember Master JZ, I heard one OPM song on radio that sounds like Ikimono Gakari. it has harmonicas and female vocals. I just heard the last part ( maybe 1/3 of the song) I heard it last December, and it's in tagalog.

I don't have a clue who they are, maybe you'll be lucky to catch them on radio. be sure to report back.

(but I'm not saying they're good because they sound like the marvelous Ikimono-Gakari.)
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:36 am

hey man, i wanna hear that song...you dont have any bit of info atleast the name of the band or somethin?

i wonder what band could that be?...ill never stop till i find that particular song your talking about...

ill give a report asap...
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Choco Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Problem is, I didn't catch the name or anything. but I swear I'm not lying. That's the 1st and last time I heard it....

I even tried to google it with tons of keywords.
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bosjef Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:19 am

Now that's interesting..
I think im gonna listen to FM more frequently and try to catch this one.

Oh, any reports yet masterjz? Smile
bosjef
bosjef
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:23 pm

problem is i dont listen to FM anymore..hehe.

this was more hard than i expected... Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 469953
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pwnerx Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:43 pm

I really dun like Hawaiian music (btw I'm an Asian living in Hawaii), nor do I like American pop culture. Hawaiian music is plain boring, and American pop culture is all about sex and swearing, especially rap Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 156354

Jpop wa saikou da yo! Jpop is the best! Any opinions with the local music scene in your country? 706684
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next