Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ikimono Gakari own domain

+3
harukasango
Lav!tz
masterjz
7 posters

Go down

Ikimono Gakari own domain Empty Ikimono Gakari own domain

Post by masterjz Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:46 pm

I just want to post it here first before we discuss this in public...one of the members of Ikimono world in facebook group who is the most active one and have actually gone to concerts and ikimono shop...posted this:

Hey fellow fans of ikimonogakari, just wanted to ask if the existing https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com/

is considered good enough. I have contacts who can help me purchase web addresses, e.g. "www.ikimonogakarifans.com

" or something. I don't mind paying to sustain such an account, but not sure if there are people keen enough to maintain it as I'm personally not IT savvy. Wonder if anyone is favourable of such a suggestion. Thanks.

Coming from the point that I want to do something for them as a fan, and that I hope more people would be exposed to their music =). But nothing illegal to be done on the site, or I'll get into trouble!

this is actually a good offer made by a solid fan of iki...as a fan of iki myself, im willing to share my part....what's your point of view about this?

Last edited by masterjz on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Ikimono Gakari own domain Empty Re: Ikimono Gakari own domain

Post by Lav!tz Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:18 am

That's certainly an interesting offer. As I don't have a facebook account I don't know who this user is but he's really being generous. Although that made me think about this other thread: https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com/t1788-suggestion-for-admin What happened on that front? Did we get the custom domain name?

Now, as for the site, I don't know how much effort it would take to maintain it. I've only worked in blogs and I was invited for a friend a couple of months ago to participate in one and it fell flat because we didn't really have the time. So, what I'm getting at is that we have the opportunity to be the first real international IkimonoGakari site, albeit an unofficial one, but as much as I would really like it, should we jump to that? Should we open a blog instead (Wordpress and Blogger offer domains for a fee as well)? Or maybe even retry the whole Twitter thing?

It's undoubtedly a great chance for debate so I'm eager to know what everyone thinks about it.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1905

http://lavitzpt.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by harukasango Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 am

That is a pretty good offer Very Happy

^a blog is a pretty good idea but just like you said, it's pretty hard to maintain it
I think it should be a blog but still a community, exactly the way it is now...

But nothing illegal to be done on the site
That means that we have to close down the DS again, right??

I think we should take the deal because we have been trying to get iki recognized by many other people in so many different ways and this could be it... Also, iki might notice us and some of us might have a chance of meeting them(if possible)

I think what we should do is to make it a blog and a community.. People can sign up here and be able to access more iki information besides of news instead of the DS, and they will be able to post here just like we do now...
Thats just my idea if we will accept the offer..

harukasango
harukasango

Female
Number of posts : 795

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:15 pm

should i move now this topic to the public and hear what they have to say?
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:47 pm

^Ok, go for it.

Oh and as for the "nothing illegal" part, that's to be expected. I mean, I don't want to be a hypocrite here but I've been thinking for a while now that we shouldn't really be sharing their albums/singles or DVDs, only their live show performances (and even those have TV copyrights).

So that's really a polarizing decision: We either go full on Unofficial Fansite with no copyright infringement whatsoever in the hopes that we can eventually be recognized by IkimonoGakari themselves, kind of like an international news and discussion site about the band or we go the "underground" fan community that shares copyrighted material and bootlegs. In my opinion it's going to be one way or the other.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harukasango Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 pm

@masterjz that's fine Very Happy

^i agree, it's kinda sad that we don't support iki because we don't buy their performances and just download it for free
I would go with the no copyright infringement
harukasango
harukasango

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 am

^Yeah, exactly.

Just to exemplify, we can look at Perfume City the unofficial international Perfume fansite. The site itself gives access to information about the members of the group, lyrics, news and maybe most importantly, has a section on "how to support Perfume" with links to CDJapan and stuff like that, which also means that the updates are few and far between.

Now the forum associated with the site has copyrighted material being distributed there but if you watch closely, the main users, moderators and admins don't really share Perfume's albums or singles, they generally just post stuff like pictures or fansubbed videos probably because they don't want to feel like they are in anyway hindering the group and whomever wants to grab their songs can do so elsewhere.

The other side of that coin is that they let other users share albums, singles and PVs, which are posted mainly by newer members of the community probably to try to gain acceptance. It's an interesting "ecosystem" and an example I thought I should share.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by harukasango Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 am

^thats an interesting process..

Maybe we should do something like that but better, I haven't thought of anything else
harukasango
harukasango

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am

TOPIC MOVED> now it's open for public discussion
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marsela Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:23 pm

waw... is that mean He can make a legal blog for us as an Iki fans..?
So, i think that is Good Offer Masterjz...

If that not illegal, Go For It..!
marsela
marsela
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnee Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:51 am

OK here is the updated situation we got more than enough credits to buy a domain name now(thanks to zgap112) so what will be the best?? ikimono-world.com?? so now to purchase a domain name we need 1600 when now we have 5900 credit @masterjz who is the people on the IKW facebook?? i think better he donate here so we can just buy through forumotion and we are easier to integrate Very Happy
Dnee
Dnee
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 941

https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

he is an active member of ikimono world facebook group...you should know him if you're part of that group...he used to be a member of this forum but somehow forgot his credentials...i think he wanted to have a legit fansite that can be recognized by Iki themselves...well let's see if he will have to agree with your suggestion.

on the other note, how long will the domain remain if you purchase it?
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnee Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 pm

masterjz wrote:he is an active member of ikimono world facebook group...you should know him if you're part of that group...he used to be a member of this forum but somehow forgot his credentials...i think he wanted to have a legit fansite that can be recognized by Iki themselves...well let's see if he will have to agree with your suggestion.

on the other note, how long will the domain remain if you purchase it?

you mean the ong youjing right?? if he want legitimate forum its fine but we must remove dl section forever for the domain 1600 per year so its last 1 year and the name we must first check whether other have take it
Dnee
Dnee
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:59 pm

yep he's the one...i already told him our thoughts about it, and he said that he'll get back to us once decided...for me, having our own domain is enough...maybe what we just need to do is to hide the file sharing for singles and albums...for PVs its ok to publicized them...we will all try to help to maintain our own domain every year.

masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm

As I explained in a previous post, I don't mind getting rid of the DL section. The qusetion I still maintain is this one:

Lav!tz wrote:Although that made me think about this other thread: https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com/t1788-suggestion-for-admin What happened on that front? Did we get the custom domain name?

I thought we were entitled to a custom domain for a year.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Don't know what happen to that as well...anyway we have enough credits to buy our own... Smile
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnee Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Lav!tz wrote:As I explained in a previous post, I don't mind getting rid of the DL section. The qusetion I still maintain is this one:

Lav!tz wrote:Although that made me think about this other thread: https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com/t1788-suggestion-for-admin What happened on that front? Did we get the custom domain name?

I thought we were entitled to a custom domain for a year.

for that topic i honestly dont know they just said post your forum link and i already submit but nothing happened and no more news about that who wins and who didnt
Dnee
Dnee
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:02 am

^Oh, ok. Weird, then. They should have contacted us, but oh well.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by violet_ingrid Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:44 am

I missed out so many forum updates. Sorry for that. Regarding the offer made by ikw@fb member, it is a good offer, but personally I think it would be better if we proceed with ikimono-world.com. I don't think deleting the DL section is a good idea as most of iki's fans rely on this forum to get updates especially on the singles, albums and pvs.It is true that most of us did not buy the original albums, but, as long as other members who bought it and shared it here, it is not a problem. We did our best to overcome the infringement issue and so much effort we have put to "save" our forum, so, instead of accepting the offer, personally i think that we should go for initial plan, to buy the domain using our credit.
violet_ingrid
violet_ingrid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1165

Back to top Go down

Post by marsela Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:41 am

violet_ingrid wrote:I missed out so many forum updates. Sorry for that. Regarding the offer made by ikw@fb member, it is a good offer, but personally I think it would be better if we proceed with ikimono-world.com. I don't think deleting the DL section is a good idea as most of iki's fans rely on this forum to get updates especially on the singles, albums and pvs.It is true that most of us did not buy the original albums, but, as long as other members who bought it and shared it here, it is not a problem. We did our best to overcome the infringement issue and so much effort we have put to "save" our forum, so, instead of accepting the offer, personally i think that we should go for initial plan, to buy the domain using our credit.

ya, That's True... Ikimono Gakari own domain 844393

Our Forum is Still important and We must Save this Forum Together.. for any offer, we must most thinking about it.
marsela
marsela
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by marvin0170 Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:08 pm

this is good offer for solid fan of ikimono gakari.. Smile
go for it.. Ikimono Gakari own domain 844393
marvin0170