Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011

+20
naman
ener
Nuraini
mysaviorswords15
masterjz
harukasango
Goodred
Lav!tz
violet_ingrid
Kuroi tenshi
moumines
ikimo
monogrith7
marvin0170
udeshi123
zetazaku
bananafish
hafizkris90
ngibul123
Bigtop
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 Empty Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011

Post by Bigtop Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:47 am

Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011

Ikimono Gakari vocalist Kiyoe Yoshioka (26) announced on Wednesday night that her weekly radio show "Ikimono Gakari Yoshioka Kiyoe no All Night Nippon" will be ending with its December 21 broadcast. More importantly, she apparently confirmed that the band will be taking a break from performances during the first half of 2011.

A rumor was published in newspapaers last month that the band would be going on hiatus for the first half of 2011, but the band and their record label issued public denials at the time. The band's leader, Yoshiki Mizuno, previously said that the members had discussed focusing on writing new songs, but that they would continue with their live activities.

It is now being reported that Ikimono Gakari will indeed be focusing on writing, but will not be doing any concerts or live performances. The length of the "hiatus" has not been decided, but a source says that it will be half a year at most, and that the band will fully resume activities by July. Their performance at Kohaku Uta Gassen on December 31 has been declared as their "last" for now.

The timing of the decision seems odd, given that they are currently at their peak with their recent best album "Ikimono Bakari ~Members BEST Selection~" getting certified by the RIAJ as reaching 1 million copies shipped. However, Yoshioka said, "We've run too far so we would like to take a rest. Please forgive our selfishness."

Ikimono Gakari has three more concerts left in their current tour, beginning with one on Thursday. It is expected that they may deliver more details to their fans at those shows.

Source: Tokyograph (http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-7131); Sankei Sports (original Japanese article - http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/101209/gnj1012090507016-n1.htm)

We're going to feel sad that they're going on hiatus for the first half of next year. Already we lost ayaka last year (she's on hiatus), and earlier this year Utada announced hiatus indefinitely.

So, what do you think about this announcement? I was quite surprised - and also sad - about their announcement to go on hiatus for the first half of next year. Crying or Very sad
Bigtop
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 Empty Re: Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011

Post by ngibul123 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:33 am

they said they take a break only in live performance. and they want to focus in writing song. so for me it would be fine cos they still productive though there'll be no performance in next 6 month Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 589860
ngibul123
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 599

http://ngibul123@wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 Empty Re: Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011

Post by hafizkris90 Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 am

Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 672291 why??? huhu.... well if they need rest.. they sure deserve it.. maybe in the next 6 month, they'll make a grand come back with more epic song.. Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 212812
hafizkris90
hafizkris90
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by bananafish Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:35 am

It's not good for promotion, since they're now literally on their peak, but...

they're artists, and I respect and appreciate this decision. Many other bands I admire once went on hiatus (The Beatles for God's sake! Very Happy). So, I hope everything turns out well and this break helps them.

Go Iki, we'll always support you guys.

Thanks for the information, bigtop! Apparently it made me kinda sad, too.
bananafish
bananafish
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by zetazaku Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:01 pm

i already hear about their hiatus, its good the choose it after the best album, after 5 years hard work in major label, they deserved it.

their human side need rest too, if you guys notice the last song of the best album they just wanted to go home(kaeritaku natta yo)..............

i hope they will get back with more spirit and create more good song for us to enjoy..............

thanks for everything ikimonogakari, hontouni arigatou gozaimas!!!!
zetazaku
zetazaku
SUPER QUIZZ.... Winner
SUPER QUIZZ.... Winner

Male
Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by udeshi123 Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Well, this is kinda sad especially coz now their really undoubtedly famous but they deserve it.......All those live performances would have been pretty exhausting! 'Specially for dearest Kiyoe........let's look on the bright side at least they won't split! Smile
udeshi123
udeshi123
International Artist
International Artist

Female
Number of posts : 1068

http://nostalgickris.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marvin0170 Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm

well that`s good, of course they need to rest..
keep supporting ikimono gakari..
Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 346753 Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 27892
marvin0170
marvin0170
International Artist
International Artist

Male
Number of posts : 787

Back to top Go down

Post by monogrith7 Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:33 pm

yes this is some bad news, but yeah they deserve the rest they need after all their hardwork...

Bigtop wrote:Yoshioka said, "We've run too far so we would like to take a rest. Please forgive our selfishness."

It's alright kiyoe, the fans would be the one being selfish if we don't want you guys to take a rest Very Happy...
You can get a free massage from me Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 88255 hehehe

Well, let's just wait for them, and i'm sure they'll return with even greater music than what greatness they already have.

They may be on a hiatus in the industry, but they will never be in our hearts... c=
monogrith7
monogrith7
International Artist
International Artist

Male
Number of posts : 702

http://monogrith7.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ikimo Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:47 pm

I myself think this is a good news. rest=more creating energy. Smile
I've always worried about their non-stop working.
That will squish them.
ikimo
ikimo
International Artist
International Artist

Male
Number of posts : 710

Back to top Go down

Post by moumines Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm sooo sad ! but I look forward more to Kohaku ! but it's only 6 months ! i hope in July they'll make a huge come back !
Keep on supporting them ! yoshh !
moumines
moumines
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Female
Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroi tenshi Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:28 pm

yeah i'm also sad we won't be hearing from them but i'm glad they'll rest and write more incredible music!!
Kuroi tenshi
Kuroi tenshi
International Artist
International Artist

Female
Number of posts : 866

Back to top Go down

Post by violet_ingrid Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:07 am

It's a sad news and 6 months hiatus is way too long. I agree with bananafish, they are on peak so i believe that this is the perfect time for them to really show who they are to the world. But, we have to respect their decision...So, hope to receive good news from them on July 2011..maybe a new album with more kiyoe's touch Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 41411
violet_ingrid
violet_ingrid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1165

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:39 am

Lav!tz wrote:...the eventuality of a new release being only in Spring?
Why did I have to say that?...

Razz

Now, seriously, I think it's the right move to make. Yes, they achieved a nice position and status and could capitalize on that but hten again, a rushed job almost always ends badly. The "Best Of" album was a good mark to achieve before a rest and as Ikimo said, the more they rest and dive into their creative side, the more we can expect them to deliver a quality release.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1905

http://lavitzpt.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Goodred Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:49 am

They just released 3 new songs on their best album, so that can appease fans for the hiatus. And their 20th single is coming up, they may make it really spectacular.
Besides, the longer you wait for something, the more precious it becomes.
Goodred
Goodred
Street Performer
Street Performer

Female
Number of posts : 60

http://tomajii.info

Back to top Go down

Post by harukasango Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:12 am

i agree with ikimo, they should get some rest...they have been working very hard for the past few years and they deserve this small hiatus... probably after their hiatus, they will very active again like they were this year... i just hope to be able to hear their new songs when they have their come back... Very Happy
harukasango
harukasango

Female
Number of posts : 795

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 am

My emotions and thoughts about this one is somewhat in the middle.

It's true that they're on their peak but if i try to think about it...probably leaving fans with their best album is the best choice before taking a break.

After years of hardwork, its just reasonable for them to have a rest. Remember guyz, more time means more good songs will be produce.

Kiyoe also needs to rest her voice and have a beauty rest as well. hehe. And of course have time for love life. (yes! moment ive been waiting for!...lol)

Maybe hotaka will visit the Philippines again for his vacation.
cheers
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Post by marvin0170 Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:43 am

masterjz wrote:
Kiyoe also needs to rest her voice and have a beauty rest as well. hehe. And of course have time for love life. (yes! moment ive been waiting for!...lol)

Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 123394 Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 346753 Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 521638

masterjz wrote:
Maybe hotaka will visit the Philippines again for his vacation.

hope the other member come here too for vacation.
cheers cheers cheers
marvin0170
marvin0170
International Artist
International Artist

Male
Number of posts : 787

Back to top Go down

Post by ngibul123 Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 pm

masterjz wrote:My emotions and thoughts about this one is somewhat in the middle.

It's true that they're on their peak but if i try to think about it...probably leaving fans with their best album is the best choice before taking a break.

After years of hardwork, its just reasonable for them to have a rest. Remember guyz, more time means more good songs will be produce.

agree with masterjz Very Happy

best selection song..is the best decision before taking break..i wonder maybe they've intended this before, so, they've to give us "something to hear' for this 6 months :p

don't ever think about it master...she's mine Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 196534
ngibul123
ngibul123
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 599

http://ngibul123@wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mysaviorswords15 Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 am

awww... hopefully they will continue to be writing songs like it says and maybe release a single. But, they are an amazing band for coming this far and they do deserve a good, well rest until they resume again. But don't worry, they will come back sometime and when they do, I'm sure it's going to be a really big hit Smile
arigatougozaimasu ikimono gakari.
mysaviorswords15
mysaviorswords15
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuraini Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:30 pm

ahh,unfortunately...
they must take a break,but i'll wait for the great song again from ikimono gakari
they must back although for the long time Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 589860
i'll wait you ikimono gakari Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 365930
please rest for a moment hehe Very Happy
Nuraini
Nuraini
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Female
Number of posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by ener Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:33 pm

My friend told me about this at school when it hit the news, but since I'm stuck in finals hell the wave of emotions just hit me now!

I'm sad, of course, but they need to take their well-deserved break. Plus, 6 months is nothing compared to Utada Hikaru and ayaka's indefinite hiatuses... >_<

With any luck I can run into one of the members while I'm in Tokyo Razz (...yeah right, I wish! lol)
ener
ener
Amateur
Amateur

Female
Number of posts : 3

http://rener.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:59 am

^ Possible...why not...but most likely it will be in some resto or bars where celebrities use to go...or some place where privacy can be bought by money.
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Post by naman Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:12 am

If a 6 month rest means new songs for a new album, then I'm behind them 100%!! Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 844393
naman
naman
Street Performer
Street Performer

Male
Number of posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by mickrobit Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:28 pm

it's sad... six months without ikimono Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 672291 but they will be back and they can show us why we like them so much Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 691975
finally, ikimono gakari are humans too... i'll be waiting
mickrobit
mickrobit
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Post by marsela Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:41 am

ohhh....... this is SO Sad........!! Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 589860
six months is too long for me...... Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 469953
But.., they focus to write a song..,, it's ok..,,
I will await for the results......... Some BAD news: Ikimono Gakari to take a break in 2011 88255
marsela
marsela
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next