Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year?

+2
tao priest
masterjz
6 posters

Go down

Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? Empty Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year?

Post by masterjz Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:30 pm

They've been busy for the past years, would you think a hiatus is deserve for them to pursue other wants or personal matters? I would say partially yes they need it, to create good music one must have ample time, right inspiration and less distraction. I would not want them to force themselves creating crappy music just to meet client's standards. So far they have none. Personal matters, yeah like vacation, lovelife? (not yet necessary) they are at their peak so sticking as a band would be their best option right now.

Let your voice be heard Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 2158756904
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? Empty Re: Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year?

Post by tao priest Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 am

Hmm if i remember right they had a short hiatus but a whole year wouldn't kill me also. As long as they're coming back you have somehting to look out forward to.

So meanwhile there are enough other artists from Japan with new releases you can listening to. Time is running...
tao priest
tao priest
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 397

http://www.apelantis.net/forum/

Back to top Go down

Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? Empty Re: Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year?

Post by Lav!tz Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 am

Yes, I echo both your thoughts. Iki should take their time and put out the material they think best represents their vision.

I think we are somewhat accustomed to the successive releases of the Japanese market with some artists putting out albums on a yearly bases but the truth is, in many cases, artists take 2 to 5 years to come up with new concepts and sounds they wish to convey to the public.

Of course the fans will miss the band but to adapt a famous Shigeru Miyamoto quote, a delayed album is eventually good, a rushed album is bad forever. So yes, they should take their time as we've been watching happen rather frequently in the last two years with Utada going on hiatus, Yui doing the same and many others like Stereopony disbanding in order to find new goals.

Meanwhile, like Tao Priest said, we have plenty other artists to discover and enjoy. Smile
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1905

http://lavitzpt.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 am

yes sometimes its best to to miss someone/something so that you'll have something to look forward to, and ill bet it'll be rewarding and worth the wait. But I could not picture ikimono gakari going traditional again, they really need to transition and adopt with the technology. A year of hiatus? yeah why not, they deserve it. would it mean a year of hiatus for this forum too? Hahaha Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 795489973
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by japoelflaco Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 am

masterjz wrote:yes sometimes its best to to miss someone/something so that you'll have something to look forward to, and ill bet it'll be rewarding and worth the wait. But I could not picture ikimono gakari going traditional again, they really need to transition and adopt with the technology. A year of hiatus? yeah why not, they deserve it. would it mean a year of hiatus for this forum too? Hahaha Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 795489973

What do you mean? Going back to their indie roots? Question
I wouldn't mind a break, specially in order to rest Kiyoe's voice and find inspiration to write new music.
But I wouldn't mind some more apperences on TV (but please sing something else than Kaze Ga Fuite Iru Wink ).

A year of hiatus from this forum? I just joined. Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 516460939
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:37 am

What do you mean? Going back to their indie roots?

not really indie but more ikimono style not commercialized, good example was their sakura and life album, thats what i meant by that, though i love that, but i doubt coz its the management/record producers dictating what musical style they would have to produce, and the technology which makes the sound more "modern".

But I wouldn't mind some more apperences on TV (but please sing something else than Kaze Ga Fuite Iru Wink )

thats given, considering a lot of tv shows in japan, they would definitely sing whats their latest single. i guess i wanna see them venture in to some acting or cameo appearance in a tv show.
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tao priest Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:31 am

When it's only about to try something new they could collaborate with some other artists or producers for a special release.

Kiyoe as guest vocalist for a electro-pop ballad from Yasutaka Nakata (capsule) could be interesting lol
tao priest
tao priest
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:58 am

tao priest wrote:
Kiyoe as guest vocalist for a electro-pop ballad from Yasutaka Nakata (capsule) could be interesting lol

I would actually be quite curious to listen to it. Smile
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1905

http://lavitzpt.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 pm

Collab is the best way to go for a hiatus. Yey! I think IG will fit to most artists out there.

Im curious to see her collab with rock and hiphop artists. Hehe Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 795489973

Last edited by masterjz on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by tao priest Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Or a collabo with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra. This ska band is doing much with other artists.

I hope their next single is catchy pop tune like Joyful. I love their ballads but recently they're doing too much of these.
tao priest
tao priest
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marsela Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:31 am

I Think Let it be.......

I Know Their Must be So Busy and So Tired..., But, I Hope They won't Boring to Make some Song..... Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 1775214877
marsela
marsela
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 766

Back to top Go down

Post by japoelflaco Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:27 am

Just as we share our thoughts about a break Im reading this.
Ikimono Gakari 2013 In a radio programme (garden★party) on 01/01, Ikimono Gakari said that their target in 2013 was release a new original album and have live tour after that.

Ikimono News
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:28 pm

^yeah ive heard of that too...well its good news bec they said its a new original album, meaning for new songs to look forward to this year, i just hope they make more upbeat songs this time. Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 4155192510
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by japoelflaco Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:42 am

masterjz wrote:^yeah ive heard of that too...well its good news bec they said its a new original album, meaning for new songs to look forward to this year, i just hope they make more upbeat songs this time. Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 4155192510

Nobody has asked me, but Hanabi is my favorite Ikimono song. Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 141265
So I hope they have some songs like that in the new album.

P.s. My favorite ballad is a tie between Planetarium and Kokoro No Hana Wo Sakaseyou Is a break necessary for Ikimono Gakari this year? 1856136452
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 am

^we have those questions here in this chat section, you might want to add your answers. Every opinion counts.
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bananafish Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Well their schedule doesn't look all that hectic to me (comparing it to those of idol groups), but of course as artists they need time to create quality and crafted songs, not just 2-min-pancakes you might hear from those who release an album per year non stop. So yeah. I don't mind, but I would like to see more live performances Sad and me too I'm bored with Kaze ga Fuite Iru already and by the way, didn't they tour this autumn? isn't it supposed to be released as a DVD? still haven't heard a word about it... too bad.
bananafish
bananafish
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 980

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down