Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Que Hora Es?

2 posters

Go down

Que Hora Es? Empty Que Hora Es?

Post by masterjz Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:36 pm

A Mexican Soap Opera for people who only had 3 weeks of Spanish in their 4th grade.

masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Que Hora Es? Empty Re: Que Hora Es?

Post by japoelflaco Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:23 am

Since I don't live in the U.S.A. I found it hilarious, it's very common for americans and english speakers (in any hispanic country) to claim they speak spanish but once you listen to them speak it's the funniest thing every. Couple of examples: Selena Gomez, Ben Affleck and the countless americans you found in any turistic spot in my country. Actually one of the best spanish speakers that I've heard is Gwyneth Paltrow, who would've tought.

Now, what I meant about since I don't live in the States is that my family that has lived in the States for quite some time (overo 25 years) don't find it funny at all (for some reason) they find it very disrespectful, and cheap.

BTW is nice to see Cedric The Entertainer, he is one of my favorite comedians. The part about when he is trying to say to the actual spanish speaker: "Chill" they translate it literally to "Frio" when the correct word would've been "Calmate".
And then they pull out the dictionary. Que Hora Es? 394616 
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:05 am

I feel the same, i find this very hilarious and not really disrespectful to the language. And yes I've heard Gwyneth speak Spanish and I envy her, I wish I can speak Spanish like her, I'm still a noob talker. Hahaha.

and lastly, that Cedric guy is a very funny one.

masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by japoelflaco Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 am

masterjz wrote:I feel the same, i find this very hilarious and not really disrespectful to the language. And yes I've heard Gwyneth speak Spanish and I envy her, I wish I can speak Spanish like her, I'm still a noob talker. Hahaha.

and lastly, that Cedric guy is a very funny one.

I guess the secret to spanish speaking is act like if you are angry, that way you can enunciate the words
correctly. Laughing 

Any doubts just ask me, last tip avoid watching spanish videos (from Spain) they speak too and I mean TOO fast, it's mind blowing.
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:25 am

I totally agree on both of what you said, speaking a little loud while enunciating it, or somewhat faking the accent a bit, make you sound like one (though in the ears of non-native speakers. hahaha)

and yeah they speak very very fast that I feel like I'm just watching cartoons, reacting just because of what I see and not what I hear. LOL
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: