Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014?

5 posters

Go down

What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014? Empty What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014?

Post by tao priest Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 pm

I personaly think it's time to do something new. I would like to see collaborations with other artists to combine their sounds.

A collabo with Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra for example. There are two collaborations left for their 25th anniversary in 2014. Bands are unknown yet. Very Happy

And of course finally a world tour. ^^
tao priest
tao priest
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 397

http://www.apelantis.net/forum/

Back to top Go down

What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014? Empty Re: What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014?

Post by Lav!tz Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 pm

I completely agree that it is time to shake things up and look for new sounds and new endeavors.
I think Iki has finally settled down, a couple of years ago, as a staple of the Japanese music scene but being in that position means that they probably are to be making the same material that they have recently and I do not believe that is a good idea. The band used to try different things when they were starting up and I think they should try new things now.

A collaboration with new artists seems like a good idea, maybe even for a collaboration album. Having said that, I doubt much will change in the coming years as I think they will probably focus on Japanese tours and putting out a single or album once in a while. =/

Oh, speaking of tours, a world tour would be great. Economically impractical but without a doubt that going to the main western spots where Japanese music can fill an auditorium (small as it may be) would probably be a great experience for them as a band and broaden their horizons. Also, it would elevate their profile on the west. I'd say they should try England, France, Germany, Brazil and maybe the USA.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1905

http://lavitzpt.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014? Empty Re: What do you expect from Ikimono in 2014?

Post by tao priest Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:38 pm

As long as they are under Sony Music there will be no change i think. It's all about what sells best and that is routine Ikimonogakari music everybody loves. Sony Music probably wouldn't take a risk. So as long the records selling well. ^_^
tao priest
tao priest
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lav!tz Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 pm

^ Precisely. I believe the same as well.

Edit:
I just remembered the case of Yui and how she talked about going on hiatus when in fact what was left behind was pretty much "Yui" as was being perceived by the general public under the Sony label (if I'm not mistaken). Flower Flower is not just a new band, I think. It is also the freedom for her to try new things, sounds and work with new people.
Lav!tz
Lav!tz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1905

http://lavitzpt.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by japoelflaco Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:46 am

tao priest wrote:As long as they are under Sony Music there will be no change i think. It's all about what sells best and that is routine Ikimonogakari music everybody loves. Sony Music probably wouldn't take a risk. So as long the records selling well. ^_^

Also as long as they keep working with Seiji Kameda (he knows pop, but Ikimonogakari it's not only pop).
IMO they will have to re discover themselves, bring back the combination of rock and acoustic music.  It's funny how the older they get the more child oriented it's music has become (not all songs tho).  

They have an amazing singer who I love to listen almost anything, and can sing most genres.
And they (the label) typecast her.  I don't know how long is Iki's recording deal with Sony, but hopefully once it ends they find someone that gives them more musical/artistic freedom.

The world tour?  If L'Arc-en-Ciel has visited France and the USA... hopefully when Ikimonogakari it's 20 years old they can reach us too.

Last edited by japoelflaco on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspeled L'Arc-en-Ciel :p)
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:16 am

I couldn't say anything more...you two got most of my thoughts.

Collaboration is the only way to go to create something new. Kiyoe had proven that she can pretty much collaborate with any artists. But i would want Iki to collab under rock or hiphop genre. Hehe

World tour? possible but would take years for that to happen. Its all about the management, y'know... Smile 
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Post by dukot Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:50 pm

I just want to share this info I read online just in case you guys don't know yet "Ikimonogakari's Mizuno Yoshiki announces his marriage".
and here's the link
http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2013/08/ikimonogakaris-mizuno-yoshiki-announces-his-marriage
dukot
dukot
Amateur
Amateur

Male
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by tao priest Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:33 pm

Thx! So we wish them of course all luck they derserve in 2014. ^^

His marriage was already discussed here:
http://www.ikimono-world.com/t1980-mizuno-yoshiki-is-a-married-man
tao priest
tao priest
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down