Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

K-pop wave

4 posters

Go down

K-pop wave  Empty K-pop wave

Post by violet_ingrid Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:09 am

Hi all,

Nowadays, the world are talking about korea, i mean the south korea. People are crazy about them and it became the most-talked topics...The fashion, cuisine, culture, entertainment, you name it, people are just insane about korea. It such a phenomenal to the world, especially their entertainment....What about you guys? Are you crazy about korea? Running man, big bang, SNSD, 2NE1, beast, two days one night, what else guys?

As for me, im not crazy about korea so much, but i do love their entertainment as they have a tons of quality drama, variety shows, documentaries and so on. In my country, Malaysia, k-pop became the hottest trend ever, from fashion, up to cuisine... people cant stop talking about korea thingy....and some of my friends, been there for few times, she's a big fans of big bang, went to korea just to watch their concert....and there are numbers of free and paid classes for us to learn korea.....as i remember, back in 2002, korean drama became hits in asia, but it just for a while, then spain telenovela took over...but now, the korean drama won! Almost all tv channels show korean drama....

Let's share your thought about korea...Have you ever been to korea? Or it is one of your wishlist?
violet_ingrid
violet_ingrid
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Female
Number of posts : 1165

Back to top Go down

K-pop wave  Empty Re: K-pop wave

Post by japoelflaco Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:18 am

It's definitely in my wishlist as well as Japan, I don't watch korean dramas but I do love their variety shows (Running Man, etc), and of course I love SNSD (Seohyun marry me).

Personally I don't know how succesful the Korean wave is gonna last us occidentals usually get bored really quick by something, and then we're on looking for the next big thing.

But as a whole Im more attracted to Japan (no disrespect).
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:04 am

one of my wishlists too. Korean wave is all over in my country as well. I cant deny, I like korean movies/dramas too, and sometimes korean music.

but as what japoelflaco said, I am more attracted to Japan culture and the likes.

Let's all blame it to PSY. Hahaha
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Post by japoelflaco Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:53 pm

masterjz wrote:one of my wishlists too. Korean wave is all over in my country as well. I cant deny, I like korean movies/dramas too, and sometimes korean music.

but as what japoelflaco said, I am more attracted to Japan culture and the likes.

Let's all blame it to PSY. Hahaha
Yeah, I know. I have a friend who I tried to introduce to SNSD, and the first thing he replied was: Man, I don't want to know anything about K-pop, Im sick and tired of Psy, so no".

Honestly the whole Psy mania never really got to me, because I don't watch too much t.v. nowdays, but I guess that people who do watch t.v. and listen to the radio did get bored with PSY and probably don't want to know anything about another South Korean artist.

BTW, it would be easier for me to learn the language and consecuently travel to Korea than Japan because the population of Koreans living here compared to Japanese people is like 6 to 1. Actually if you go to college to learn korean all the teachers are korean (considering Guatemala is very far away) while if you try to learn japanese only two teachers are japanese. It's because of the textile industry, and probably they like that my country is a very Christian Evangelic/Catholic country. Actually the pastor of the church I go has been invited 3 times I think to preach in Korea.

Korea, umm I shall visit you in a few years. K-pop wave  991661
japoelflaco
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuroi tenshi Mon May 13, 2013 12:03 am

Hmmm kpop is really popular world wide now but its more well known in other countries than in the U.S. When you talk about kpop to someone, you HAVE to mention Gangnam style for them to understand what kpop is.. then you break it down for them lol. At work, we have this music service that the company offers and we have to promote it by having a phone play music all day. Well... jejejeje... I downloaded kpop :3
My coworker is already fed up with kpop though -.-" She calls me a weirdo >_>
I couldn't find any jpop except for some stereopony... no IKI :'(
And well I promote kpop at work lol
So yeaah..... so out of topic lol :3
Kuroi tenshi
Kuroi tenshi
International Artist
International Artist

Female
Number of posts : 866

Back to top Go down