Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? Empty Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum?

Post by pwnerx Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:04 am

So I think one of the advertisements have some kinds of Trojans cause' my antivirus keeps detecting and blocking them whenever I visit this forum. It's been happening for several weeks now even though I reinstalled Firefox. Is anyone else getting the same problem?

Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? Trojanx.th
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? Empty Re: Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum?

Post by masterjz Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:24 am

hmmm...im using ESET Nod 32 ver. 4.0 w/ antispy...im also using Ad-aware Anniversary Edition, Firefox latest version and WOT add-on.

it doesn't detect any virus or spyware on this site.

- just turn on your pop-up blocker and dont click any ads.
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? Empty Re: Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum?

Post by pwnerx Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:16 am

Just a minute ago, I was automatically redirected from this forum to another page. It's definitely the work of some pop up or advertisement trying to infect my system.

Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? Trojan2.th
I had to do Ctrl+alt+delete to close Firefox cause' I didn't want to click on on that.
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:09 pm

obviously its the pop up that has the adware and not the forum site...

check again the settings of your internet...make sure the pop up blocker is enabled.
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by akuma_tsubasa Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 pm

same here it gives me threat on my antivirus and mark the page as unsafe Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? 415307
and also it redirected you to a whole different site/witht those annoying clicking noises Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? 587102
akuma_tsubasa
akuma_tsubasa
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female
Number of posts : 472

Back to top Go down

Post by pwnerx Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:29 am

akuma_tsubasa wrote:same here it gives me threat on my antivirus and mark the page as unsafe Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? 415307
and also it redirected you to a whole different site/witht those annoying clicking noises Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? 587102

I was getting worried that it was only me, but now I know it's not my system. I was contemplating whether to do a fresh OS install or not. Thanks for your reply!
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnee Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:41 am

thanks to akuma for telling me this... i have report it to the host which is forumotion.. just wait for their reply and i will inform you again...@pwenrx did u try another browser?? because i didnt get that warning (i'm Using ESS NOD32)
Dnee
Dnee
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 941

https://ikimonogakari.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pwnerx Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:00 am

Cool thanks for dealing w/ it. I'm only using Firefox. I'm afraid to try it with IE8 lol
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pwnerx Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:24 pm

I think these redirects and malware is coming from freeshoutbox.net advertisements. I looked at their forum and it looks like other users have also been affected. http://forum.freeshoutbox.net/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=88bf7029ff6e0d57263d95865f635b05

Another forum also experiencing this http://z14.invisionfree.com/c_spriting/index.php?showtopic=10512
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:56 pm

strange, none of this has happened to me before.

just be careful...
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by pwnerx Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:12 am

I downloaded Adblock Plus as an add-on for Firefox and it stopped showing the ads in the shout box. It's working great Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? 388256 It seems only akuma and I were affected unless people speak up about it. Anyways that solves my problems Anyone else getting Trojans from ads on this forum? 365930
pwnerx
pwnerx
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:00 pm

yeah dude its just about using the right kind of add-ons to your browser.

Good to know it solved your problem. Very Happy
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down