Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Ikimono World
Welcome to Ikimono World! A one-stop fan site for all Ikimono Gakari Lovers.

Please login to access all forum functionality, else register Here for FREE.
Ikimono World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My song Your song Opinions

5 posters

Go down

My song Your song Opinions Empty My song Your song Opinions

Post by jiingo Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:20 am

QUICK RANK
TIER I
+ Kimagure Romantic
+ Blue Bird
+ Kaeritakunatta yo
+ Pugi Ugi

TIER II
+ Planetarium
+ Spice Magic
+ Kageboushi
+ message
+ Happy Smile Again
+ Kokoro no Hana wo Sakaseyou
+ Kaeritakunatta yo -acoustic version-

TIER II
+ Kuchiduke
+ Boku wa Koko ni Iru
+ Maboroshi

It's a good album, but we can be a little more critical as hardcore Ikimono Gakari fans, right? I was a little disappointed that I did not enjoy more of the album-only tracks. Pugi Ugi stood out for me; maybe I always like the funky track (a la Tokyo Saru Monogatari / LIFE ALBUM), haha. Boku wa Koko ni Iru didn't really feel like an Ikimono track. There are a couple of melodies in there I really like, but overall it really broke the album up for me. Backtracks were nothing great, so it's a nice showcase for Kiyoe's voice.

That's my first impression anyway, after a couple of listens through.
jiingo
jiingo
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male
Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

My song Your song Opinions Empty Re: My song Your song Opinions

Post by Monkey D. Choco Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:36 pm

I hate to admit it but the best songs in here are the one's that they've released. aww man.

and so unto the new songs:

Spice Magic and Kageboushi are great mid-tempo tracks, with great choruses. (specially Kageboushi)

•I didn't like Kuchizuke that much, it's a very sad track.

Bokuwa kokoro ni iru (aka "the wanko song") and Pugi Ugi are my top favorites. The wanko song was soft and slow but has very catchy melodies. Pugi Ugi was a fun and a little Beatlesque track.

Maboroshi & kokoro no hana were ballads. and I don't like ballads so there! take that!
Maboroshi sounds like planetarium, but just a little.

•and lastly the acoustic Kaeritakunatta yo, great acoustic arrangement. The Orchestration was replaced by a single killer flute. Terrific!

I just played the album once.
To sum it up, It was an A.O.K album. but it doesn't topped the first and Life album.

My only problem is why is Planetarium the opening track. It should be something happy & lively like Kira Kira Train and Good morning.
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by natchi Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:59 am

hmmm... i think the 1st album was much better in term of the non-single songs... one thing is that there're not many new song in the album... about half of them were singles... spice.magic is the best song on the album apart from the singles, boku wa kokoro ni iru & Kokoro no Hana wo Sakaseyou are good too, the others are juz ok...
n i second monkey that they should hav used a more lively song as the 1st track..
natchi
natchi
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female
Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:53 pm

haven't listen to their album yet..just about to...and yeah i actually agree to that point of yours monkey that the first track should be something lively and fun that will make listeners be interested and curious to play the remaining tracks of the album...
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 4395

Back to top Go down

Post by jiingo Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:34 am

Oh, everyone seems to like Boku wa Koko ni Iru except me so far, eh?

SAKURA was actually the opening track from SSMM, not KIRA KIRA TRAIN. Good Morning is the best opening track ever! For this album, I wouldn't have minded having Kimagure Romantic start things out. That's the happiest song on there. In general, I think lead album tracks should be uptempo, but it's not totally necessary. In the case of Ikimono Gakari though, I think their main sound is a happy energizing one, so I'd start things out that way.

We're all hoping for more original songs, but this is their second album in the very same year, so I guess it was bound to happen.
jiingo
jiingo
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:41 pm

you guyz said it all...but let me just say something 'bout the new tracks...i can't really say that they're not as good compare to their previous albums but after listening to their 3rd full length album several times through my ipod right after the download...i must say that i was entertained...both upbeat and ballads were good and kiyoe's vocal prowess was really impressive...she can switch her voice from being soft and bubbly to a serious diva with a vocal power.

kuchizuke - its like your watching a fight scene maybe a western cowboy movie with a japanese song at the background (that was odd)

spice magic - mid tempo, nice melody, thought of it as a good anime ending theme

kage boshi - mid tempo, nice melody yup i can say...sounds like kage bunshin (haha sorry im a naruto freak)

pugi ugi - its a fun song and i felt like im in the 80's or 90's listening to a classic retro/wave kinda music...but the track was really energizing that makes you wanna dance as the music plays.

maboroshi - yes indeed it was a very balladish type of music but we dont know the meaning yet...but i find it really relaxing when im listening to this song. best recommended when your alone and just lying in bed..you'll imagine a lot things by just listening to this.

boku wa koko ni iru - not really a new track but still i liked it bec. its a nice song and the melody is great even though its a slow song. one of my fave too...

Kokoro no Hana wo Sakaseyou - this is my fave track among the new ones...the song was very inspiring and i loved the melody and the chorus...reminds me of akaneiro no yakusoku.

overall, "my song your song" album is a mixture of what Ikimono Gakari can offer to their listeners.

Great Job IG! My song Your song Opinions 844393

Last edited by masterjz on Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:50 pm

almost forgot, my no. 1 fave "NEW" track in their album was Kokoro no Hana wo Sakaseyou (心の花を咲かせよう; Let's Make the Flowers of Our Hearts Bloom)

this song was kinda short...
i loved the melody but dont know yet the meaning...so if youre listening...you know what to do...hehe

*lastly the acoustic version of Kaeri taku natta yo was superb...very calming and was really a music to the ear.
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by flaminity Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:51 am

still got no time to hear the new album,,, My song Your song Opinions 589860
only copy "boku wa koko ni iru" to my phone,,

ohhh... >.<
what a song!!!!!!!!! Rururu..... XD
flaminity
flaminity
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Male
Number of posts : 607

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Choco Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:55 pm

jiingo wrote:Oh, everyone seems to like Boku wa Koko ni Iru except me so far, eh?

SAKURA was actually the opening track from SSMM, not KIRA KIRA TRAIN. Good Morning is the best opening track ever! For this album, I wouldn't have minded having Kimagure Romantic start things out. That's the happiest song on there. In general, I think lead album tracks should be uptempo, but it's not totally necessary. In the case of Ikimono Gakari though, I think their main sound is a happy energizing one, so I'd start things out that way.

We're all hoping for more original songs, but this is their second album in the very same year, so I guess it was bound to happen.

Hmmm, I thought Kira Kira was the 1st track, but I guess that's a rule of thumb to put lively song first in an album. because as far as I know, even the most boring band/artist in the planet puts their most liveliest song in front. That's why I'm always looking forward for any band's album opener.

and also, I suggest you give the Wanko song song another spin! Cheers! cat
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco
Banner Contest Winner
Banner Contest Winner

Male
Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by natchi Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:54 pm

hmm... think i change my mind on the album after a few more listen.. the whole album is nice tho i dun really like pugi ugi Neutral
natchi
natchi
Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist

Female
Number of posts : 507

Back to top Go down

Post by jiingo Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:50 am

My overall opinion of the album is improving after multiple listens as well, although I don't want to give the impression I ever didn't like it. I just thought it was going to be better than it was.

Actually, I am starting to feel more disappointed by the last track, but I believe this is because the original is so good. Replacing the full orchestra with acoustic is too much.
jiingo
jiingo
Indie Artist
Indie Artist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by masterjz Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:25 am

see...after multiple listens eventually you'll be convinced that this album is a great album as well...

aside from kokoro no hana wo sakaseyou...some other new tracks that i found great also are spice magic, message, maboroshi, kuchizuke and pugi ugi...did i say it all? haha sorry

My song Your song Opinions 776966

Actually, I am starting to feel more disappointed by the last track, but I believe this is because the original is so good. Replacing the full orchestra with acoustic is too much.

i dunno but for me the rendition was really calming...simple and plain...kiyoe chan's voice was emphasized in this song. My song Your song Opinions 691975
masterjz
masterjz
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkey D. Choco Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:06 pm

^ Exactly!
Monkey D. Choco
Monkey D. Choco